Being a Volunteer:
Our volunteers are spread across the Highlands of Scotland, covering an area spanning just under ten thousand square miles. Many people choose to volunteer with us for a variety of reasons: for some, it’s to give something back and make a difference to the people in our local LGBTQ+ community – for others, it provides an opportunity to develop new skills or build on existing experience or knowledge which can be useful for future career opportunities. Volunteering also appeals because of its social benefits, and this includes meeting new people and getting to know other LGBTQ+ people in the local area.
Join the Committee
Highland Pride SCIO is run by small team of volunteers and we need your help to achieve our aims:
- Do you want to see a Pride event in the Highlands in 2024?
- Are you passionate about raising awareness and visibility for our LGBTQ+ community right here in the Highlands?
- Do you have some time to spare in the evenings and weekends?
All we ask is that you’re able to commit to attending regular meetings and have time to contribute every month (this could range from a few hours a month to a few hours a week at the busiest times). Most of our meetings are online, so you can join from anywhere in the region.
Please apply HERE.
Be a volunteer
Volunteers are an integral to our charity, by helping us to:
- Deliver our aims.
- Provide skills or expertise which add to those of the committee.
- Increase capacity.
- Improve the quality of our work.
- Enable our committee members to focus on other work.
- Reflect and build a bridge between the community we serve.
- Engage with our community.
- Ensure as a charity we have diversity.
If you’d like to volunteer for us, please contact us and let us know how you’d like to help.